Food from the Tuscany region has, for centuries been renowned for its simple elegance.
Instead of creating complex dishes, the Tuscans believe in the creating dishes that are refined, using the quality ingredients local to the region during the peak of their ripeness.
Tuscan olive oil is also a world famous signature of Tuscan cuisine.
- Pane Toscano – Unsalted bread cooked in word fire ovens, typically served fresh or covered with olive oil.
- Panzanella salad – Uses stale Pane Toscana bread moistened in red wine vinegar then tossed with seasoned tomatoes.
- Lampredotto – Tripe simmered in broth with herbs and wine, usually served with bread.
- Baccalà alla fiorentina – Fried salt cured cod stewed with garlic, tomatoes and onions.
- Ricciarelli – twice baked macaroons made with marzipan.
- Colli di Luni
- Grance Senesi
- Maremma Montecarlo