This region of Italy is famed for its street food and casual cuisine.
Dishes are made from simple yet wonderfully fresh ingredients of vegetables and grains.
Local grains are also key components for Campania’s world renowned pizza and pasta.
- Pizza marinara/margherita – Usually topped with tomato, garlic and oil or with tomato, basil and mozzarella.
- Cianfotta – dish of stewed eggplants, peppers, zucchini and onions with basil and olive oil, served cold.
- Ziti ripieni – pasta tubes stuffed with chopped salame, pork, onion and caciocavallo cheese held together with raw eggs.
- Zuppa di cozze – Simmered mussels in white wine, seasoned with hot peppers and parsley.
- Tarallucci dolci – Biscuits baked with almonds, flavoured with cinnamon or vanilla.