Treasures of the South: Puglia and the Amalfi Coast – 2020
Experience the treasures of Italy’s south during this new small Group Tour to the most famous towns of Puglia and the Amalfi Coast.
Rome • Napoli • Pompeii • Sorrento • Capri • Positano • Amalfi • Salerno Area • Matera • Alberobello • Lecce • Ostuni • Bari • Benevento • Roma
NEW! SMALL GROUP TOUR max 18 passengers
- Visit the famous Capri Island, with lunch and Blue Grotto included
- Visit the towns of Amalfi and Positano, two of the most iconic places in Italy
- Visit Matera and the most famous towns of Apulia (Alberobello, Bari, Lecce, Ostuni)
- Discover the beauties of Benevento, one of the most fascinating and mysterious towns of the Campania Region
- Accommodation in selected 4* hotels
- April 19
- May 3 • 17 • 31
- June 14 • 28
- July 12 • 26
- August 9 • 23
- September 6 • 20
Hotel La Residenza
Hotel Crawford 4* or similar
San Severino Park Hotel and Spa 4* or similar
Hotel Ramapendula 4* or similar
$2399.00AUD per person twin share.
$2999.00AUD single room.
- 2 nights in 4* hotel in Sorrento
- 1 night in 4* hotel in Salerno area
- 2 nights in 4* hotel in Alberobello
- 5 Buffet breakfasts
- 1 lunch at a local restaurant in Naples (beverage not included)
- 1 lunch at a local restaurant in Capri (beverage not included)
- 2 dinners in Sorrento (beverage not included)
- 1 dinner at the hotel in Salerno area (beverage not included)
- 1 olive oil tasting in Alberobello
- Guided tour to Pompeii, Matera, Lecce
- Visit of Capri, Grotta Azzura included (weather conditions permitting)
- Guided tours with a tour leader to Naples, Positano, Amalfi, Alberobello, Ostuni, Bari
- Tour of Ostuni on an ape calessino (small Italian motor gig)
- Air-conditioned coach transportation
- Tour Leader
In the event that the minimum number of participants is not reached, the first part of the tour may be operated as a Sorrento Escape semi-escorted tour (multilingual English/French/Spanish) up to Day 2. The tour will be then totally escorted starting from Day 3, from the departure from the Hotel in Sorrento area.
DAY 1 ROME • NAPLES • POMPEII • SORRENTO
Depart 7:30am to Naples (pick up from hotels will be from 6:30 to 7:30 – please remember to order your breakfast box at your hotel the day before departure). Upon arrival in Naples our local guide will take you on a walking tour of the historical centre. After lunch in a typical Neapolitan restaurant, you will continue to Pompeii. You will experience a guided tour of Pompeii, the ancient Roman city that was destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AC. This archaeological journey through the ancient city will give you the opportunity to better understand Roman life at that time. Subsequently, you will visit a coral and cameo factory where you will have the opportunity to admire and purchase items made with techniques which date back to the Greek times.
Proceed to Sorrento, the gateway of Amalfi coast with his colourful historical centre and pretty waterfront with fishing boats and new Marina Grande cruise pier. Check in at the hotel in Sorrento, dinner and overnight.
Lunch and Dinner Included
DAY 2 SORRENTO • CAPRI • SORRENTO
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel and travel to the Isle of Capri. Boarding at the Sorrento Port and arrive by hydrofoil at Marina Grande. Once on the island, you can visit the Blue Grotto (weather permitting) and the famous Piazzetta, the central attraction of the island. Continue by minibus to Anacapri for lunch at a local restaurant (drinks not included). After lunch, return to the port to travel back to your Sorrento hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included
DAY 3 SORRENTO • POSITANO • AMALFI • AREA OF SALERNO
Enjoy a hotel breakfast before stopping in Positano and Amalfi with some free time to discover two pearls of the Amalfi Coast / Costiera Amalfitana. Subsequently, you will travel on to Salerno to check into your hotel for dinner and an overnight stay.
Breakfast and Dinner Included
DAY 4 SALERNO AREA • MATERA • ALBEROBELLO
DAY 5 ALBEROBELLO • LECCE • OSTUNI • ALBEROBELLO
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel and depart for an excursion to Lecce and Ostuni. First stop is the wonderful Lecce – enjoy a guided tour to discover the pearl of the Apulian Baroque. Continue on to Ostuni, also known as the White City, for its characteristic historic centre, once entirely painted in white lime. After arriving, you will commence a tour in a typical Ape Calessino (small motor gig), a three-wheeled means of transportation. Return to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Breakfast and Dinner Included
DAY 6 ALBEROBELLO • BARI • BENEVENTO • ROME
Depart for Bari after enjoying a hotel breakfast. You will have some free time to explore the old city, secluded within the ancient walls. Continue on to Benevento and stop at the factory where the famous liqueur “Strega” is produced, one of the most famous Italian liqueurs. Travel on to Rome with a late evening arrival (guaranteed drop-offs in Viale Washington,Viale Luigi Einaudi/ Termini Station area, Via Ludovisi). End of services.
Make an enquiry
Complete the form to enquire about this tour. One of our friendly staff will get back to you as soon as possible!