Hiking in Tuscany and Picnic in a Small Group
Explore the charming Chianti region on foot; an area of picturesque valleys and hills, cloaked in vines and olives. Plus, learn the art of olive oil making.
Meeting Point: Tours and Newsstand in Piazza della Repubblica, under the loggias, next to the Apple Store, corner with Via Pellicceria
Duration: 5 hours and 30 minutes
Trail: 5 mile hike (about 8 Kms) Hiking time: 2.5 hours
Terrain: Mostly dirt patch roads, forest path, grassland
Starts: 09:30 AM
- A glorious small group hike tour that will provide a great overview of the Chianti wine region in a relatively short time
- A passionate, funny environmental guide
- Small-group tour
- Round trip transportation by comfortable minibus
- English speaking environmental guide
- Tuscan Lunch with wine tasting
- Guided visit of an olive oil mill and olive oil tasting
- Picnic break during the hiking
- Guided visit of a boutique winery
- Bottle of water
- Official tour hat
Notes and Advice:
- We recommend good walking shoes (no flip-flops!), a sporty outfit, as well as a sunscreen
- We regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or with impaired mobility
*Can only be booked in conjunction with another tour.
Hiking in Tuscany
We set off from the city centre of Florence, where you will be shuttled out of the city in just 20 minutes. Then we head off for the beautiful countryside where the trail starts. You will visit a fascinating Olive Oil Mill located in an ancient noble estate, where you will enjoy a guided tour of their fascinating property. You will learn about the process of producing olive oil in a unique mix of modern and ancient surroundings. A taste of their gourmet olive oil will reveal all the incredible flavors that their passion and work generate.
A knowledgeable guide, with an environmental focus will lead you around this area of valleys and gentle hills cloaked in vines and olives, but you will also witness harsh peaks covered in oak, chestnut, cypress and pin
This tour is a wonderful way to discover the region and to breathe in the history and landscape. Furthermore, this area provides amazing photo opportunities. You will learn interesting information about the history of this spectacular landscape with amazing views, tiny ancient churches and Medieval towers.
Enjoy a delicious picnic break, immersed in nature under the shade of ancient trees, which will allow you to rest a little bit before reaching your final destination.
The glorious hiking trail finishes at a boutique winery where you will visit the ancient cellars, followed by a delicious wine tasting before enjoying a delectable Tuscan lunch.
The official “Tuscany Hiking Tour” hat will be presented to every participant. Then there’s time to relax before heading back to the city center by minivan after a perfect day out!
Make an enquiry
Complete the form to enquire about this tour. One of our friendly staff will get back to you as soon as possible!