Cinque Terre Tour: The Scent of the Sea
Traverse of one of the most amazing and enchanting landscapes in the world; five (Cinque) villages, hanging between crystal waters and lush landscapes.
Itinerary: Florence • Riomaggiore • Manarola • Monterosso • Vernazza
Meeting Point: Piazzale Montelungo Bus Terminal, next to Santa Maria Novella Train Station. Look for our staff wearing a Fuschia ‘Ciao Florence’ Jacket.
Duration: 12 hours
Starts: 07:00 AM
- An unforgettable whole day devoted to the discovery of one of the most enchanting landscapes in the world, 5 villages hanging between sea and land, a paradise that has been declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco
- An expert and knowledgeable tour leader, who will assist you during the whole trip
- An amazing boat ride, admire the colourful villages from a different and fascinating perspective!
- Journey by fully-fitted GT Coach
- Expert multilingual escort
- Free time in Riomaggiore, Manarola, Monterosso, Vernazza
- Free time to take a swim in the sea
- Motor vessel tickets, “Via dell’Amore” tickets, train tickets
- Guided tour of the villages – Kindly note that your tour leader will give explanations during the bus trip, while on each village you will be given free time for independent sightseeing
Notes and Advice:
- Please note that the tour will be always available in English and Spanish, while the other languages will be confirmed as follows:
- German: Friday – min 2 pax
- French: Sunday – min 2 pax
- Portuguese: Monday – min 2 pax
- Italian: Saturday and Sunday – min 2 pax
- Kindly note that the bus will drop you off in the first village of the Cinque Terre National Park. Then you will move from one village to the other by train and boat. You will meet again your bus by the end of the day to make your way back to Florence
- Comfortable shoes suggested as well as a swimsuit
- Please note that the given order of the visits may change
- We regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or with impaired mobility
- At the moment the “Path of Love” is closed and the reopening depends on local authorities. If it still won’t be accessible during high season, a longer route in boat will be offered as financial compensation and the given order of the visits may change. Please note that due to bad weather it may not be possible to use the boat.
*Can only be booked in conjunction with another tour.
Cinque Terre: The Scent of the Sea
Our excursion from Florence to Cinque Terre National Park is an unforgettable whole day devoted to the discovery of one of the most amazing and enchanting landscapes in the world. Five (Cinque) villages, hanging between sea and land, a place where you can immerse yourselves in paradise, listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage site.
Our visit begins at daybreak, with the arrival at Riomaggiore: the village, dating back to the early thirteenth century, is famous for its historic character and local wine. You can admire the houses leaning one against the other and stroll along the narrow cobble alleyways and sheltered paths.
We then reach Manarola by walking along the famous “Via dell’Amore” (The Path of Love) a romantic and evocative walk knewn from the rocks falling sheer into the sea. The tiny harbor has a boat ramp and picturesque buildings clinging to the ravine.
Our journey continues to Monterosso, an ancient fishing village considered “The Pearl of the Cinque Terre”, where you will be awed by its enchanting beaches and the lush vegetation encircling the little town.
Here you will have free time to plunge into the crystal sea and sunbathe, before taking the boat to Vernazza, a seaside town surrounding a small natural port. As well as comfortable clothes and shoes, we recommend you bring your swimwear!
Make an enquiry
Complete the form to enquire about this tour. One of our friendly staff will get back to you as soon as possible!