Capri Experience and Sorrento from Rome – 2019
Itinerary – Rome – Naples – Pompeii – Sorrento – Capri – Rome
See Pompeii and Sorrento; gateway to the Amalfi Coast. Stay on Capri Island with its rugged landscapes and the Blue Grotto.
Day 1 – Rome-Naples-Pompeii-Sorrento
Upon arrival in Naples our local guide will take us for a walking tour of the historical centre to admire Piazza del Plebiscito, the Royal Palace, Piazza del Municipio, the Gallery of Umberto I, the San Carlo Opera House. Upon leaving the city, continue to Pompeii. After lunch in a typical restaurant with Neapolitan specialities, visit a coral and cameo factory where we will have the opportunity to admire and purchase items made with a technique dating back to the Greek times. A visit to Pompeii – the ancient Roman city that was destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AC. This archaeological journey through the ancient city will give you the opportunity to further your understanding of the Roman culture at that time. Proceed to Sorrento, the gateway to the Amalfi coast with his colourful historical centre and pretty waterfront with fishing boats and new Marina Grande cruise pier. Check in at the hotel in Sorrento, for dinner and an overnight stay.
Meals: L D
Day 2 – Sorrento
American buffet breakfast at the hotel, day at leisure to enjoy Sorrento beach, discover the artisan shops or experience other optional tours to visit Positano, Amalfi, Ravello. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Meals: B D
Day 3 – Sorrento – Capri
American buffet breakfast at the hotel and check out, departure at 7.00am/7.45am to the island of Capri. You will board the ferry and arrive in Marina Grande, your luggage will be directly delivered in your hotel in Capri and you will visit, the Blue Grotto (weather permitting), the Augustus Gardens and stop at the famous Piazzetta. A Minibus will take you up to Anacapri. After lunch in Anacapri, you will reach your hotel and you will have free time for a romantic night in Capri island where you can have a chance to have a special dinner in one of the panoramic restaurants or enjoy your time on the island living summer Capri nightlife. Overnight at the hotel.
Meals: B L
Day 4 – Capri – Sorrento – Roma
American buffet breakfast at the hotel and the morning at your disposal to discover the island by your own. At around 2.15pm check out from the hotel and departure to Sorrento. Once you have arrived in Sorrento, transfer to Pompeii where you will join the bus to travel back to Rome. Arrival in Rome around 9.00pm.
Departure dates from Rome:
- 2 Accommodation in 4* hotel in Sorrento
- 1 Accommodation in 3* or 4* hotel in Capri
- 3 American buffet breakfasts
- 2 dinners in Sorrento (drinks NOT included)
- 1 lunch in Naples/ Pompeii (1 soft drinks included)
- 1 lunch in Capri (drinks not included)
- Guided tour of Pompeii included entrance fee
- Full day excursion to Capri
- Visit of the BLUE GROTTO (weather permitting/ entrance fee included)
- Porterage from Capri Pier to the hotel 3*/4* in Capri (1 luggage per pax )
- Private transfer out from Hotel 3* in Anacapri to Capri pier (1 luggage per pax) OR Porterage out (1 luggage per pax) from Hotel 4* in Marina Grande to Capri Pier (Hotel is 190mt far from Capri pier meeting point)
- Ground transportation by deluxe motor coach with air conditioning
- Multilingual tour English – Spanish – French
*City Tax not included and must be paid directly at the hotel on check out